she's gone.
a week ago actually.
This week has been a flurry of family in and out. My brother, who I rarely get to see. Aunts, uncles, cousins. cousins of cousins. You know, funeral folk. She died last Sunday. Bob came home from church around 8:30am, which he never does. He walked into the kitchen where I was making a cup of tea and told me mom had called this morning. That my grandma had died. He quickly clarified which grandma when he saw the panicky confusion on my face. You don't think you would be surprised when a woman of 90 dies. but I was.
Now, funerals are done. luncheons are over. and all of the activity of death has come to a close. and yet, I forgot. Tonight, I was looking at my calendar to plan my week, and I forgot that she had died. Tomorrow is Monday. Lunch with Grandma. Dammit it's right there on the calendar. In bright pink marker. every Monday.
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Well, then
Posted by Cakes at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment