Last week was the kids' first week of real school. Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30-11:30a. So far they are loving it. I am amazed when I peek into their classroom. Amazed by their teachers. Amazed by how well the Montessori approach to education really fits each of the children for a different reason.
As much as Max is really growing from his time at school, the adjustment has also activated an OCD flare-up. Though he has never been officially diagnosed, it is only a matter of time. The first day of orientation week, Max insisted on wearing a button down dress shirt and a pair of khakis. I thought it was pretty cute and both he and Oliver went off to school all dressed up. The second day I chuckled and they wore another dress shirt. how endearing. By, the fourth day they had run out of dress shirts.
This morning Max had a meltdown because he did not have a dress shirt ready to wear to school. He had to have one (I won't even get into the collar position and required buttoning procedure.) I ended up having a little meltdown of my own where I finished with my sobbing, "I will not be ironing everyday for PRESCHOOL!!"
Monday, September 10, 2007
Another vote for uniforms...
Posted by Cakes at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment