Friday, November 16, 2007

What's 5mm and has be blubbering like a baby?

I'm at the grocery store and Bob calls me to tell me that Rosie's tooth is loose. What? I'm thinking, "Whatever. How loose can it be?" I get home and Rosie has a little gap where her bottom tooth use to be. (She went into the bathroom and used a towel to pull it out!) And the other bottom tooth is loose!

Have no fear, I googled it and found that the average age to lose your first tooth is 6-7 years. A year on either side is within the normal range with girls losing their teeth generally earlier than boys. Thank you Dr. Spock! (and yes, I still resource him.)

When did this happen?! My babies! What happened to my babies?! The last three months have been this blur of growing up! And this little tiny baby tooth...just put me over the edge. What a concrete, physical embodiment of her growing up. Leaving her babyhood behind.

my baby...





0 comments: